The Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). The SARS-CoV-2 is a β-coronavirus, which is an enveloped non-segmented positive-sense RNA virus. It is spread by human-to-human transmission via droplets or direct contact,
and infection has been estimated to have a mean incubation period of 6.4 days and a basic reproduction number of 2.24-3.58. Among patients with pneumonia caused by SARS-CoV-2, fever was the most common symptom, followed by cough. The main IVD assays used for COVID-19 employ real-time reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RTPCR) that takes a few hours. The availability of a cost-effective, rapid point-of-care diagnostic test is critical to enable healthcare professionals to aid in the diagnosis of patients and prevent further spread of the virus.
Antigen tests will play a critical role in the fight against COVID-19.
Panbio Nasal COVID-19 Ag rapid test to be performed with nasal swab specimens. The less invasive test procedure and a low penetration depth when taking samples not only avoid the occurrence of disturbing reflexes, but also significantly increases patient acceptance. Both the shorter sampling period and a special system in which the lower part of the swab remains inside the extraction tube reduce the risk of infection for the medical staff.
The nasal antigen test can be carried out at the point of care and delivers reliable test results within just 15 minutes. There are no cross-reactivities with other common viruses such as H1N1.
Please note that the Panbio COVID-19 Ag rapid nasal test may only be carried out by qualified personnel and is excluded from the right of return.
- 25 test cassettes
- Buffer solution (9 ml bottle)
- 25 extraction tubes with lids
- 1 positive control swab
- 1 negative control swab
- 25 sterile nasal swabs
- 1 stand for extraction tubes
- 1 quick guide
- 1 instruction manual
- Panbio ™ Rapid COVID-19 Ag Nasal Test
- Performed with nasal swab specimens
- Particularly simple and patient-friendly test execution
- Approved for self-smears under the guidance and supervision of a trained specialist
- Ideal for performing antigen tests on children, the elderly, and people with disabilities
- Listed at the BfArM (Test-ID: AT116 / 21)
- One positive and one negative control swab are included in the scope of delivery
- Sensitivity: 98.1%
- Specificity: 99.8%
- No cross-reactivity with other common viruses
- Special system reduces the risk of infection and facilitates disposal
- Can also be carried out outside the laboratory (e.g. at the point of care)
- The test result is available after just 15 minutes
- Storage at 2 – 30 ° C
- Execution only by qualified personnel
- Excluded from the right of return
- 1 pack with 25 rapid tests and accessories
ADVANTAGES OF THE NASAL TEST COMPARED TO THE NASOPHARYNGEAL TEST
- Only approx. 2 cm insertion depth
- Minimizes the appearance of unwanted reflexes (sneezing, coughing)
- Faster test execution reduces the risk of infection for medical staff
- Less invasive and therefore less uncomfortable for the patient
- Higher acceptance of the test procedure by the patient
APPROVED FOR SELF-SMEARS UNDER SUPERVISION
The swab for the Abbott nasal Panbio antigen test can be carried out by the test person under the guidance and supervision of a trained specialist. All further steps, from preparing the extraction tube to applying the extracted sample and reading the test result, are carried out by the specialist himself.